Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

creativity boot camp - "Picnic"


Day 2 theme is "Picnic"...I dont know where this came from, but I just started drawing on a little piece of watercolor paper (5x7) and then painted. I painted acrylic on watercolor paper....I will put this in my art journal with the word picnic on the page somewhere....THis is a scene of where I would love to have a picnic...in Italy somewhere...Also, I have grown just in this 2nd exercise...I wanted to loosen up in my painting style, which is VERY hard for me to do so I used a paintbrush that was a little too large for this size painting and a little too used to have any kind of a real defined point in the hairs....its a little stiff too, then I kept my contacts in, which do not allow me to see as sharply and clearly as my glasses.....this helped alot to keep things not so tight and hard edged...and I really like the results....

3 comments:

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

Wow this is amazing drawing/painting. Love it and you really got talent.

Louise said...

Great painting - perfect for a picnic.

erasercarver said...

I agree, CBC is so much fun! Thanks for coming by my blog. I love your work and am looking forward to seeing more as the days progress :)